Tuesday, November 8, 2011

WIP Tusday, sort of.

So...the hat, while it hasn't been frogged, is hibernating, and will probably stay that way.  I found hats for the small people at the thrift store, and since the pattern I had wasn't whispering "I love you, you love me" in my ear, I went with the ready made hats. I have enough other things I'd rather be making.

 Like mittens. With leftover sock yarn, I'm wondering if they'll be cozy enough. But I think the girl will like them. They fit in the category of bright and ridiculously striped that she seems to find so attractive. She's still a bit young for snowball fights, so they'll probably be fine.

 I'm really bad at flipping these photos...this is a project that would have been really simple. A nice, flared skirt in grey flannel that I was given ( and this skirt is using the entire piece as well as a project ever does! Yay!). It would have been simple, except I decided it needed a little pizzazz (something about bright and over the top, again) so I'm making ribbon flowers with button centers for it. I may yet scrap that idea and put a row or several of ribbon around the bottom though.
In other news, the wee man is teething, so progress on anything around here is even slower than usual, including dishes and laundry. (In times like these, it seems, one must give up both pain and pleasure in equality, right?)

No comments:

Post a Comment